The TP-Link router is one of the best router brands that assures to provide you with high-speed uninterrupted access to internet at any time of the day. Here are the procedures that you need to follow in order to set up your TP-Link router and make the best use out of the finest Internet service provider out there.
Procedures to be followed when setting up your TP-Link router
- Connect the router and modem into the WAN port using an ethernet cable. The WAN port is usually colored in yellow for easy identification purposes.
- Connect your computer to the TP-link router network. You can do it with a wired or a wireless connection.
- Open the web browser and type in the IP address.
- Enter an administrator password when prompted to do so at the router login page.
- Select the time zone.
- Pick the right connection type or you can let the auto detect option to find out the correct connection type.
- Decide whether or not to clone the MAC address of your current computer or device. If you have no idea on this option, simply deselect the cloning option.
- Set up the SSID and password and work on the router and network configuration process.
- Confirm all changes made to network settings by clicking save button.
- Now your router is set up successfully and you can surf the internet whenever you want.
Steps to Protect and Secure Your Router
- Have strong encryption protocols. Out of all the encryption protocols the strongest one is WPA3 as it offers greater security and protection for your router.
- Create a strong and hard to guess passphrase using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols. Having a hard to guess password reduces the risk of hacking and unnecessary visitors to your network.
- Sign up for a MAC address filtration feature that will prevent any unauthorized device from accessing the network.