Configuring a Netgear router may sound difficult and complicated at first, but that is not always the case. In fact, it’s easy to do if you follow the instructions carefully. We have put together a simple guide to securely configure your Netgear router.
Using the Nighthawk App to Configure Your Netgear Router
- Go to the Google Play Store and/or Apple App Store and download the Nighthawk App.
- Connect the modem to the router with a cable.
- Power on the router.
- Connect to Wi-Fi from the phone using the default network name and network key.
- Enter the Netgear Nighthawk application and select Set up a new system.
- Please wait a moment for the router to be recognized by the app.
- Please answer the security question correctly to continue.
- Router takes a few seconds to process changes.
- If necessary, update your router with the latest firmware.
- Your router is now configured and ready for use.
Configuring Your Netgear Router Through the Internet
- Connect your modem to your router with an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your computer to the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the Netgear router’s power switch.
- Enter the IP address in your web browser.
- Click Enter to search and the login page is displayed.
- Log in using the router’s default username and password.
- Access advanced home page options.
- Invoke the setup wizard.
- Select Yes to proceed to the next phase.
- Please wait while your router automatically detects your Internet connection.
- Choose a new administrator password when prompted.
- Choose two secret questions and answer them correctly.
- Update Firmware Click to update to the latest firmware. Now you can use your router.
Setting up a Netgear router is a simple task that requires little effort. So try the following method to get your Netgear router working.