An IP address that is widely used as an access portal by router brands like Linksys is 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.l00.1. Network administrators can configure routers and networks by setting up an admin access to the routers. For home broad band routers the IP address goes as 192.168.100.1. You can control the wireless router panels and make any modifications by using the IP address. However, any change is limited to your home network only. DNS, LAN, WLAN, WAN, Proxy, ADSL, MAC, WPS Block, DSL, Security options and network management can be operated in this manner.
Instructions on How to Login To 192.168.100.1
By using the IP address 192.168.100.1 you can gain access to the router admin and make any chnages as you wish to the configurations and settings of the software of your router. Here is how you do it.
- Type 192.168.100.1 in the address bar of your internet browser on your PC.
- If an error message pops up saying “Address Not Found” then you have entered the incorrect IP address of your router.
- You can access the user login panel if you add the correct IP address of the router.
- Once you have logged in to the admin panel you can amend and modify the internet settings.
Why Am I Unable To Access 192.168.100.1?
- Poor and unstable connectivity.
- Typos and human errors in keying in the IP Address.
- You need to be sure that the IP address of your router is actually 192.168.100.1.
- Firewalls and anti-virus software installed on your PC may be preventing access
How To Alter the Router Password?
You can log into the control panel by using the default IP address. Next fill in the username and password of the router. You will now be directed to the administrative tab on the admin interface. Go to the “Change password” area and enter the new password twice.
What If I am unable to remember the username and password of the router?
- If you did not make any changes to original username and password you can simply find it printed on the router label along with the serial number and login address.
- If you have changed the default credentials then you should restart the router.
- Using a thin and sharp object keep pressing on the router’s reset button for around 10-20 seconds.
- Then you can look up online for the default username and password.
How To Reset Your Router To Factory Settings
- Simultaneously press and hold on to the router’s reset button for about 10 seconds.
- Initially the lights will start blinking. Wait until the lights stop blinking and are normal.
- Now your router is reset to factory settings.
Now all you need to do is look up the username and password of your router that is assigned by default. You can simply check out the lists published online.